The first step in OutNav is mapping. In this step, you will create the main outcome map for your project and then plot distinct pathways through the outcome map. If you want to learn more about outcome mapping before you get started, have a look at our insight post, 'What is outcome mapping?'.
Firstly, make sure you are on the Map Outcomes tab within the Mapping section of OutNav.
To map outcomes, click on the green plus sign at the bottom of a column to add a stepping stone to your map. A box will appear, allowing you to type the name of your new stepping stone.
- Add the stepping stones from your outcome map under the relevant headings.
- You have 150 characters for the name of each stepping stone, so you need to be succinct.
- Keep different activities and outcomes on different stepping stones.
- Press ‘create’ to add the stepping stone.
- Continue until you have at least one stepping stone in each column of the map.
- If you have project administrator permissions, you can drag and drop stepping stones into different positions within the same column.
TIP! It can be good to share the outcome map with stakeholders so that you are all agreed it is a good representation of your work. To share the outcome map, choose a custom report in the reporting tab and select 'outcome map'.
You are now ready to move onto the second mapping stage, plot pathways.
Need some extra help?
Why not pop into one of our drop-in help sessions, running twice weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays? A member of the Matter of Focus team will be on hand to answer questions and help with your evaluation in any way they can.
We also run regular community meetings where you can share with and learn from other members of the OutNav community.
Free access to all of these sessions is included with your OutNav subscription. More information and links can be found on your Organisation Home page.
Please sign in to leave a comment.