OutNav provides a central place to hold all your data and evidence.
The Evaluation Manager provides you with the ability to view the sources and success criteria for all stepping stones in a pathway from one page, along with any added evidence. This is a useful page to help you spot any gaps in your current evidence collection.
The insight post 'Get the data and evidence you need to track progress' offers tips for thinking about:
- what data and evidence you have
- what data is relevant
- what data you need to assess and evidence progress
- how to ensure your data is 'good enough' for your specific initiative and the context in which you work
To use the Evaluation Manager, within the Track Progress page, click on the Evaluation Manager button at the top right of the pathway:
From the Evaluation Manager page, at the stepping stone level, you have the option to add sources, add success criteria and add, edit or delete evidence. Anything you add here will also appear on the Update Analysis page for the individual stepping stone.
Adding a source
- Click on the 'add source' button to add the source to the stepping stone
- Choose from an existing source (click on the 'Select Source' text) or add a new source
- Add your plans for collection (if any)
- Once you have added a source, you can attach relevant evidence by clicking on the add evidence button
- Choose whether you want to upload a file or add an online link
(Please note that evidence files in excess of the file size limit may not be uploaded directly to OutNav - instead we recommend hosting these elsewhere and linking to them.)
Adding success criteria
- Click on the 'add success criteria' button
- Type in your success criteria
Editing and deleting sources, success criteria and evidence
To view, download edit or delete your source, evidence or success criteria, hover over the item you want to change and use the following icons:
|Remove from stepping stone|
You are now ready to move on to updating your analysis.
If you'd like to find out more about working with sources and evidence, please read the insight post 'How OutNav streamlines your data and evidence'.
Need some extra help?
We offer bookable online help sessions, with a range of times for you to choose from. If you need help with any aspect of your work in OutNav, you can book a 15-minute one-to-one help session with one of our evaluation and OutNav experts. We’re here to help you with anything from specific OutNav queries to more theoretical and evaluation-focused questions about your OutNav project.
We also run regular community meetings where you can share with and learn from other members of the OutNav community.
Free access to all of these sessions is included with your OutNav subscription. More information and links can be found on your organisation's Dashboard.